What can I expect when I first come to the office?
- We will first gather important personal information from you, such as your contact information. This information is held confidentially in our office (in keeping with Ontario’s Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA)).
- You will spend some time meeting with the psychologist, discussing your concerns. The psychologist will also want to gather information about you past health, work and school history, as well as other details that are relevant to assessment and/or treatment. Often this appointment is about an hour in length, sometimes more, if needed. If the child is to be involved with our services, we will take some time to meet and talk with them also.
- We will review our policy around privacy and confidentiality with you when you first come in.
- We will discuss the plan of treatment or assessment with you in detail so that you know what is next. You will have lots of opportunities to ask questions and seek clarification.
- All details relating to payment for services will also be extensively reviewed. We provide receipts for services rendered.
- As we are registered healthcare service providers, your extended healthcare insurance may include coverage for services. Please inquire with your insurance provider for more information.